Job Title: Biosafety Account Manager/Service Technician- Midwest Region* (KS/MO/IA)
(Employee must reside in an area near St. Louis, MO or Wichita, KS for ease of travel throughout the region)
Reports to: Designated member of the Executive Management Team
Job Description: This full-time staff position of Biosafety Field Service Representative bridges both account management (client service, repairs, equipment installations & problem resolution) and sales (contacting and establishing business relationship). The BAM/Service Technician will be in contact daily with current and prospective customers, managing opportunity and up-selling current accounts. Individuals in this role will receive training in technical services, products, equipment, industry specific trends, and sales technique. In addition, the individual in this role may represent Quip Laboratories to local organizations.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Territory includes: ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, MO, IL, WI, MI, IN, OH, KY (a territory map with all assigned accounts will be given upon beginning employment).
- Primary travel will be within KY, MO, KS, and IA.
- Repair, service, and provide technical support at current and prospective client facilities.
- Generate and complete service and equipment inspection reports for clients.
- Establish relationships for upcoming sales among new contacts with current client organizations.
- Expand sales and contribute to the measurable growth of the company’s revenue, brand recognition, and positive reputation in the area
- Initiate and maintain contact with new prospective clients in targeted industry sectors within the defined territory
- Identify sales opportunities with prospective clients
- Maintain client satisfaction by using creativity and ingenuity to investigate complaints, identify resolutions, suggested enhanced operating techniques and recommend system improvements
- Deliver and follow-up on leads, proposals, bids and offer of products and services to prospective, new and existing clients in a timely manner
- Collaborate with team members to coordinate and support internal product and service experts as they present, propose, and provide products and services
- Represent the company at conferences, conventions, exhibitions, and meetings of associations of current and prospective clients
- Gather and report intelligence on customer and prospect interests and challenges, as well as activities and offerings of the company’s current competitors
- Educate clients and prospective clients by giving effective presentations on Quip products and services
- Assist with installations when necessary
- Submit expense reports in a timely manner
Our ideal candidate will be able to appropriately identify the needs of both new and current customers in order to aid customers in successful use of our products. This will be done by developing an appropriate level of communication with clients and internal team members to better understand and mitigate any issues the customers may face.
Must gain understanding and knowledge of the company’s products and services through on-the-job training. Previous sales/account management experience and a strong mechanical background with some electrical & electronic expertise is desired. This candidate must have a self-starting attitude and prove to work well with a team. The candidate must have ability to achieve, and relate to clients, and gain a thorough knowledge of how the company’s products and services are superior to competitors for cleaning, disinfection and sanitation associated with the goals of biosafety.
- Previous account management experience (minimum 1 year)
- Sales experience (minimum 1 year)
- Experience in the science or research field (minimum 1 year)
- Mechanical aptitude, degree, or experience (minimum 1 year)
- Strong communication skills and well-accustomed to a client-facing role
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 90%
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Power Point).
This position requires at least 90% travel within an assigned territory during the business week, which will include overnight stays. This position requires travelling within an assigned multi-state territory. Primary territory of travel is ND, SD, NE, MN, IA, MO, IL, WI, MI, IN, OH, KY however, travel may be needed in any state in the continental US.