Compatibility of Hydrogen Peroxide
Quip Labs White Paper: Compatibility of Dry Mist & Vaporized Hydrogen Peroxide
- H2O2 is exceptionally effective as a dry fog because it can fill hard-to-reach crevices and disinfect often missed corners of a facility.
- Several studies have been conducted since the early 2000s to determine the effect of H2O2 systems on different materials present in industries that use them, and this paper provides a quick guide to the history of these studies and their findings.
- A 2003 study by B&V Testing found that materials showed no significant changes in physical or chemical properties even after 500% typical use H2O2 exposure.
- A 2010 study found that H2O2 did not cause any significant changes to any of the materials tested, including electronic equipment, plastics, rubbers, and stainless steel.
- Overall, the paper concludes that H2O2 is an effective and compatible sterilization agent for healthcare, pharma, biomedical, and other industries that utilize exposed electronic instruments.
- Estimated time to read: 5-7 minutes
Have Questions About This Study?
Contact Us Today!
Need a quote? Ready to order? Just want to say hi? Fill out the form!